Single pipe heating with Combi condencing boiller?

Battery + invertor was the plan. =20

--=20 Dave Fawthrop

17,000 free e-books at Project Gutenberg!
Yorkshire Dialect go to
Dave Fawthrop

Did you consider plastic pipe? Fitting that is more akin to wiring-up than plumbing due to the ability to pull long lengths through small access apertures. It is inter0operable with (metric) copper in that you can put it into metal compression fittings, and you can use plastic fittings on copper pipe.

Phil The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at

Google uk.d-i-y archive is at
NOSPAM from address to email me

Reply to
Phil Addison

He did say ...

Reply to
Phil Addison

Best to fit an automatic bypass valve, or grundfos alpha pump, and then have TRVs on all rads including the bathroom towel rail/rad. Some (most?) combis have an integral automatic bypass valve and permit TRVs on all radiators anyway, so something to bear in mind when choosing the boiler.

Phil The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at

Google uk.d-i-y archive is at
NOSPAM from address to email me

Reply to
Phil Addison

That's true, I should have mentioned that.

Phil The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at

Google uk.d-i-y archive is at
NOSPAM from address to email me

Reply to
Phil Addison

Yes, but the radiators themselves are not pumped and this might not comply with Part L, as they will take too long to get hot. My proposed solution is to remove the bypasses, which makes the rads pumped but removes the ability to add TRVs. However, as there appears to be several single pipe systems, S-Plan-Plus subzoning may be enough to meet the Part L rules for subdivision of living and sleeping areas.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I don't know what you mean by "the radiators themselves are not pumped". Single pipe systems are pumped -- they weren't used in convection systems.

The radiator is a lower resistance path than the pipe across the bottom, since it looks more like a very much fatter (lower resistance) pipe in parallel. You are perhaps thinking of an electrical circuit where the pipes are wires and the radiators are resistors, with the wire across the bottom shorting out the resistor -- that analogy doesn't work here.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel