Silicone over silicone?

About 8 years ago we had some plastic-frame windows installed, and the window guys weren't exactly generous with silicone they applied between frame and outer walls. There are fine cracks between a number of the window frames and silicone attached to the walls. Would it be possible to apply new silicone over the old? Removing the old isn't something I would attempt-- I've done it in the bathroom (between fixtures and wall, or at the joint of wall and floor) and it went OK, but on the outside-- No. Any suggestions? TIA.

Reply to
MB

No problem. Just clean down the old stuff well with a wet rag and allow to dry fully before you apply the new stuff. Basically you are just sealing out the rain and that is the only sensible way to go. You could replace it all but totally over the top.

Reply to
noelogara