Sigh

Relations are re-established. She appeared bearing coffee and a pork pie.

I've got one, thanks. Except it's *her* shed.

Reply to
Huge

Like that I am bitter and twisted? Sorry, didn't I mention that ? ;-)

Bit of a sexist assumption there Mary. Shame on you ! I am a happily married woman, I'll have you know.

Reply to
Coherers

One could do the same with conventionally mounted taps...have a little magnetised compass needle (on a movable bezel) inside each one...

Reply to
Bob Eager

"Huge" wrote | >Even better. Mount the H and C discs in the tap centres on pivots and | >weight them, so that regardless of the position of the taphead the | >disc is always correctly aligned with the letters upright. Don't | >Rolls do something similar with their hub caps? | They do. But a Roller is £250K, and while these taps were expensive, | they weren't *that* expensive.

But as a proportion of the total cost, the discs in the taps probably cost as much as the hubcaps on a Rolls.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

"Mary Fisher" wrote in news:41bb6c5d$0$2655$ snipped-for-privacy@master.news.zetnet.net:

How innocent

I don't know why they bother to advertise it ...

Deep calleth unto deep

mike

Reply to
mike ring

"Phil" wrote in news:cpfhkq$oe1$1 @hercules.btinternet.com:

Portmanteau word store? and cache.

Mray's got a million

mike

Reply to
mike ring

I've had a look at our taps. The bath says Hot and Cold in black on white, they're very old. The bathroom sink is red on the left and blank on the right, the bit of plastic having fallen out. The kitchen taps are swan necked lab taps, with the controls facing to the side so I had to look carefully. The hot is red, the cold is green.

All the hots are on the left, all the cold are on the right, as I'd expect. I thought it was the standard.

Why do we need to read what's on the control? Surely it becomes habit?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In message , Huge writes

That's what comes of buying left handed tape measures

Reply to
raden

In message , Mary Fisher writes

Mkay

Reply to
raden

In message , Bob Eager writes

Or ... one could get out a bit more

Reply to
raden

Indeed....the proper engineer's approach is surely not to have any directionality to what's on the tap. Just make it red or blue!

Reply to
Bob Eager

A few years ago - in the major conurbations at least - a moustache on a man meant there was a good chance he was gay. So not henpecked. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Why should you try any harder than a Dolphin fitter......

Reply to
Tim Nicholson

Well - that goes down as today's 'you learn something new every day...'

I *really* didn't know that..... the bit about the roller hubcaps - not the cost of the taps

Tim

Reply to
Tim Nicholson

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 15:10:23 -0000, "Owain" strung together this:

I saw a Somerfield delivery van the other day that had those, with somerfield logos in them. Might be somewhat cheaper to buy a secondhand ex-Somerfield Iveco than a Roller....

Reply to
Lurch

I don't think thats true. I once found a Rolls Royce hub cap and it was=20 nothing special.

Something similiar to this can be found in the hubs of certain buses and=20 lorries. It displays, I presume, mileage. It doesn't rotate with the=20 wheel but can often be seen swinging as the vehicle stops

--=20 Paul Mc Cann

Reply to
Paul Mc Cann

Reply to
Andy Hall

Wold that be c*ck-pecked then?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The message from Paul Mc Cann contains these words:

But it is true of late models. Your hub cap wouldn't have come off a £250K Rolls Royce.

Reply to
Roger

It's only on the latest BMW Rolls. Would have been considered bling by Royce.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)