Shower Problems

I am having trouble with my Mira Excel shower and need to replace or fix it. My preference is replacement as I am old Father Time, I am old: so I have difficulty on operating this particular shower. Now I remember vaguely that there is a site "shower Doctor" or some such that was strongly recommended. However when I Googled for it I find a number with that or a similar name. Can anyone point me to the correct one please? I intend to fix/replace it myself.

Reply to
Moonraker

click on the menu bar for relevent section.

Reply to
SS

In article , Moonraker scribeth thus

Excellent shower that one..had one for years and in the house before this one. Spares can be had from Mira or showerspares on the net.

Can't remember the last time I had a problem it might have been to change the brushes in the motor. And that might have been 8 to 10 years ago now;!...

Reply to
tony sayer

In article , tony sayer scribeth thus

Whoops!, Sorry mistook that for the one which have which is the Mira Event!!.

Never mind .. good range of showers and equipment anyway!....

Reply to
tony sayer

I'm a fan of Mira myself owing to the quality and excellent availability of spare bits if you do need them.

FWIW I fitted a new Mira some months ago and as they aren't cheap, I extensively researched prices online first. I found one supplier,

whose prices for Mira kit were massively better than any other I could come up with. Despite never having heard of them before, and not being able to find any background info on them online, I went against my normal better judgement and went ahead with the purchase. Shower valve duly arrived shortly; can't fault the company at all and would certainly reccomend them

David

Reply to
Lobster

You are correct Tony, the only problem is the shower is turned on by a knob rather than a lever, which I now find difficult to operate. Thanks for the Web Site SS, I have contacted them and had a very quick reply. Now I have to sort out if I can fix their recommendation without leaving an ugly hole in the wall. For any Potters reading this, no there will be no oat cakes available if there is (a hole in the wall that is)! :-)) Residing on low ground in North Staffordshire

Reply to
Moonraker

If you have difficulty with the controls, are you aware they sell lever kits to replace the dial/knob?

e.g.

Reply to
Andy Burns

sounds good but sadly mine was installed in 2000, also I have a problem with it indicates so it looks as though I need a new controller anyway.

Reply to
Moonraker