shower plumbing

Hello,

I've bought a shower. It can be connected to the water in three ways.

  1. If you don't mind the pipes showing on the wall, you can have the pipes run up the wall to the shower. I don't really want the pipes on show and the bath is a tight fit already, so there would be no room to run the pipes up.

  1. run the pipes (again visible) down from the ceiling into the shower. The problem with this is that it would require plumbing into the eaves, which would be tricky to get to.

  2. run the pipes inside the wall and into the back of the shower. This is my preferred option. However this option is designed for ceiling down pipes having an S-bend into the shower. I wanted to run pipes up from the bath but this requires a U-bend into the back of the shower. Would two elbows to make this bend restrict flow too much?

I saw a flexible hose in Screwfix that has a 13mm bore. I thought this might take care of the bend into the shower. Would I notice the drop from 15mm to 13mm pipe?

Thanks.

Reply to
nospam

Probably not - the actual shower hose will be 8 or 10mm ID.

Reply to
Steve Walker