shower making "whooshing noise"

I have an electric shower in my bathroom, and the past few days it has made a "whooshing" noise every few hours as if it's being turned on, and a small amount of water comes out. This lasts about 20 seconds at a time, then it stops. It otherwise works fine.

If I switch the shower off at the mains, it doesn't do it, so could I be looking at a dodgy switch or similar making it switch itself on for a short time?

Alex

Reply to
Alex Meaden

Sounds very dodgy. Perhaps the pressure switch is welded together and the thermal cut-out is allowing it to heat (and expand the residual water) every time it cools down.

I would be very concerned.

Reply to
john

I read the original post as referring to a power-shower (i.e. electrically pumped) type rather than electrically-heated. Which is it?

If it's electrically pumped then does it happen when a tap (probably a hot one) somewhere else in the house is shut off? If so it could be that the shower's flow valve is leaking slightly and letting water by when there's a surge of pressure in the pipework, triggering the motor.

Reply to
John Stumbles

It's electrically heated rather than pumped (at least I think it is!) This is the model:

Alex Meaden