Shower, how to fix?

This Aqualisa 200 I think it is, early 80s.
http://i64.tinypic.com/21bvj7k.jpg
I need to know how to open it so it can be worked on. Info appreciated!
NT
replying to tabbypurr, Iggy wrote: Just pull off the front cap and start unscrewing. Here's a video that covers most everything to get you back to brand new - How to replace an Aqualisa thermostatic cartridge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djUi3SB5-y8

Go pull your knob off! ;-)
This might help:
https://www.showerdoc.com/blog/the-shower-doctor-surgery-how-to-replace-an-aqualisa-cartridge
--
Cheers,

John.
On Saturday, 16 December 2017 03:10:51 UTC, John Rumm wrote:

I finally managed to completely remove the knob! The spindle it was on was corroded, so it didn't come off easily.
The present cartridge has a black coloured front ring, and neither aqualisa nor showerdoc do a black ring one. So presumably it's a 3rd party one. Looks like the grey ring 88201 is the one to get, and they're cheapest on ebay. https://www.showerdoc.com/shower-accessories/cartridges/aqualisa
Thank you everyone!
NT

I have an old AquaLisa too. A thermostatic one designed for low water pressure from header tanks - so has 22mm pipes feeding it. Super shower if you like high flow rather than pressure.
Turn off both water feeds and drain down. Pull off the knob and there are screws behind it. Remove those and pull out the cartridge. Don't bother replacing the O rings etc - it almost certainly won't fix things (BTGTTS). Replace the cartridge complete - not cheap.
Mine is built in with no pipes showing - so more difficult to fit a complete new one than if the pipes are surface run, like yours. It may be more economical to change the lot for new, rather than repair.
--
*It ain't the size, it's... er... no, it IS ..the size.

I suggest checking https://www.aqualisa.co.uk/customer-care/service-and-repairs
to see how much their fixed price service costs.
The last mira (a 915b) service cost less than one valve off shower doctor. It cost £159 for a service and they replaced all the internals and the knobs with new stuff which was well over £400 at shower doc.
I have no idea what aqualisa charge but it may well be cheaper than buying the parts and DIY depending on which shower you have.