Shower head extender - anyone used one?

Standing in the shower I was thinking that it would be nice if the shower head was a bit further out over the bath to give more room away from the mixer and the wall.

I wonder if...?

Apparently they do. Big choice would be 4" or 8". Must ask for expert advice.

But seriously, has anyone got/used one? My main concern would be the extra leverage on the shower head holder. Not much good if the shower head just swings down and ends up pointing back at the wall.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Due to gravity feed, we have a pumped shower - in which case, I'd also be worried about too much leverage letting the shower head be pushed UP by the water flow and it going everywhere.

Reply to
Steve Walker

I have a shower that is at the other end to the taps (slopy end) and I would welcome such an extender.

If in the centre of the bath I would prefer the head closer to the wall, so as to keep the flow in the bath rather than flooding the floor in case the curtain or screen isn't in place.

Reply to
Fredxx

Hmm, I'd be worried about the screws fixing the main holder to the wall. One could, I suppose take the joint apart and trap something in it to make the movement much stiffer. How about the water pipe though, one assumes that still is in the way sticking out from the wall. Be no good for my old gravity fed shower which is scaled up in the head so much I gave up using it for anything but cleaning the bath!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

I put the riser railabout 50cm from the shallow end and on the back wall. The standard head is long enough to be above the centre line of the bath but I usually stand a bit 'down hill' with the head at an angle.

Reply to
PeterC

Just reporting back that I bought a 4" extension pipe and it does the job remarkably well.

I had to tighten the screw in the centre of the bracket a little, but the shower head stays where it is positioned and gives a nice overhead shower.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David