Shower Drainage

Hi All,

I have a 'wet-room' style shower in my new house and have had some difficulties with the drain from the shower. The plug has a hair collector (that blocks pretty quick but is easy to sort) that drains into a small 'trap' which then 'overflows' to allow the water to drain to waste. I've noticed that this seems to block every month or so and although a good slug of drain cleaner clears it for a while a month or so later the problem returns.

Am I destined to be investing in Mr Muscle or the like regularly for the foreseeable future or can anyone suggest a reasonable solution? There is quite a narrow gap between the trap and the edge of the plughole so shoving something down to physically unblock the pipe isn't feasible.

Cheers

Reply to
Endulini

The Medway Handyman

BASICALLY YES...

If mine ever gets badly blocked, its dig up the screed time :-)

I think caustic soda crystals is the cheapest option.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Tried an old-fashioned rubber plunger? They work very well on drains with no "overflow" like you have on a a sink or a bath. You can really skoosh the water back & forth dislodging the crud.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

On my similar shower waste the "trap" is a cup which can be lifted out and cleaned. Have you tried to remove yours?

Reply to
Ziggur

So is mine and has to be cleaned out every 2 or 3 months.

Reply to
robgraham