Shower and Basin Waste Pipe Fall - HELP!

Hello all

I've Just embarked on my next major project - wet room. I've had to re-route the shower and basin waste (43mm) under the floor by cutting holes into joists with a hole saw, however I am having major problems getting a decent fall. Will this be a big problem?

Any ideas on the best way of achieving a decent fall under floors, some tip of the trade I'm not aware of. I'm using 43mm waste pipe with 90% angle bends.

Thanks in advance

Richard

Reply to
r.rain

I'm no expert, but drilling big holes through joists is always an area for caution. Especially so if you are drilling in the lower half of the joist to improve your fall.

Reply to
Steve Walker

I put a shower in 2 yrs ago, fall is about 3-4" over 9-10'...not good, I think its going to be an annual job removing the pipe and pressure washing it.

Regards Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Particularly your fall through the floor, with the rest of the bathroom suite... ;-)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Indeed - I'd hate to think what the last 'major project' was!!

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Pearson

Jonathan Pearson

Yes and it went very well and is perfectly safe and got BCO approval. If you dont have anything constructive or helpful to say why dont you just piss off elsewhere.

Reply to
r.rain