Short fat screws for carcasses

Hi All,

We have a kitchen carcass which has a number of short fat screws For securing the drawer runners (a little over a 1/4 ?square? from memory (it?s a while since I?ve seen one).

I could do with half a dozen more.

Does anyone have a bag and could spare six? Or does anyone know what search terms I need to find some in the bay of the flea?

TIA

Chris

Reply to
chrispvholmes

I think they *might* be called euroscrews.

Yes, see for example:-

Chris Green

Get yourself down your local Ikea, they usually have a stock of spares such as missing screws often you can just help yourself. If not make out you have bought something only to find a few items missing.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

So that is where Europeans keep their hidden stash of Euros then, in their drawers. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Hmm...

IKEA is a bit far away. EBay has them, but I?m unsure if I want M5 x 9, or M6 x 8. I?ll have to pull out one of the ones I have, and/or order a pack of each.

Reply to
chrispvholmes

Screwfix do some. M6 x 10.5 at 1.99 for 100.

Take a look under Hinge Screws.

Reply to
Andrew May

Have you a large B&Q nearby? They had spares for mine. Expensive but convenient.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

M threads are for use with nuts, they won't grip wood or chipboard. For the latter you need a coarse thread screw.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

The 'M' in the 'M5 x 9' and 'M6 x 8' above simply means 5mm or 6mm, I agree it's sort of incorrect usage but I've seen it quite often with woodscrews.

Reply to
Chris Green

I thought you were going to say "If not take a screwdriver and take some from the display models"

Reply to
ARW

Adam that was going to be plan B

Richard