Short courses - Concreting

Hi all. Long time no mither ... I know there are courses for bricklaying, plastering etc. But are there short courses for using concrete for foundations and floors.

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51

If you mean mixing it and putting it down, I doubt it.

If you mean designing foundations, and floors with thermal components, then this is covered on the longer building trades courses. You might find a local college and ask if you can sit in on the classroom bits that interest you, but I'm not aware this is normally part of any of the short courses.

This is just what I've observed going on when doing short plastering and bricklaying courses (and seeing what the teenagers doing their NVQs are being taught). There may well be some courses I don't know of.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Hi. I saw a 2 day course which seems to be what I want but its nealry =A3500 and its dahn sarf in Camden. I've decided to buy some books on cd's from ebay.

Thanks. Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51

*Hi. *I saw a 2 day course which seems to be what I want but its nealry £500 *and its dahn sarf *in Camden. I've decided to buy some books on cd's from ebay.

*Thanks.

*Arthur

For less than that you could hire someone to come in and do at least part of the mixing and laying and also train you 'on the job'. Assuming it is just the mixing and laying you want to learn.

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Any projects I have in mind are still quite a way down the road and on the other side of the planet.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur51