shelves on plasterboard wall

They are all in boxes in the loft out of the way!

The CD's are all transferred to the computer as MP3 files, all named correctly, so finding a track is very quick with a search in Winamp's media library, I can then play the music on any PC in the house, and if I want to take them anywhere, I can copy the required tracks to the laptop or a portable MP3 player

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

Is there such a thing as a standard depth stud wall? Or is it a matter of drilling a hole and measuring the depth of the drill bit? I don't want to use a fitting that pushed out the other side! OTOH I don't want to use one that is too small; I imagine you use the biggest one possible, since it's arms will cover the largest area when collapsed and provide the greatest support?

Reply to
Fred

Fred wrote: > On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 18:27:51 GMT, "The Medway Handyman" > wrote: >

Smallest I've come acros is 3". Unless someone knows different.

I use a 7" scratch awl from Wilkinsons to mark through fittings

easy enough to put a bit of tape on it - thenm push it straight through the plasterboard.

-- Dave - The Medway Handyman

The Medway Handyman