shed base

I'm planning on building a shed 3.6m by 2.4m and want a concrete base. It may have to accommodate a cast iron lathe which probably weighs

500kg.

I want to keep material imports and soil exports to a minimum so am planning on a 100mm raft with steel reinforcing.

We have sandy soil and quite deep topsoil, I just wonder how much I'll have to excavate and replace with sub base, any opinions?

AJH

Reply to
news

Consult the Paving Expert

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

I've no clue if piling is an option for such things.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

If it were me, 6" vibro-plate compacted type 1 MOT, 5" reinforced concrete due to your high local load. That'll give you a bit more ot put the bolts into if you need to bolt it down.

Reply to
Tim Watts

The topsoil will have to be removed.If you don't it will subside. Backfill with aggregate. I would make a concrete base for the lathe stood on the subsoil (or compacted aggregate) and surround it with lighter construction for the remainder. (EG timber or paviors).) Timber is better to be stood on when using the lathe.

Reply to
harry