oven diagnosis no display no heat but light working

The display is not showing on the oven, and it is not switching on the heat. The lamp does work. Is it likely that it is the controller board? Are there any tests to try? thanks

Reply to
misterroy

Microwave? Conventional? Gas? Electric? Make? Model?

Come on, throw us a bone here.

Reply to
Graham.

A genuine case of the lights are on but nobody's home?

Reply to
Richard

Bit vague without knowing the make and model. I suppose it could be fused separately, and something has shorted out. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Luckily Christmas Dinner was not at our house. I found a controller on ebay for £20, new old stock. It came today and the oven is whirring away. I found my multimeter yesterday, and was about to carry out the tests on th e old unit before I posted this. The meter has gone again. I was surprised that the controller costs around £100 new. Thanks for all your help, the collective wisdom here is great. Happy New Year

Reply to
misterroy

It's gone to visit its family? It's the time of year for that. It'll come back with a dreadful hangover.

And you.

Reply to
GB