Septic tank emptying

I was paying =A350 five years ago out in the Fens.

Reply to
dom

I have a fairly standard domestic septic - how much should it cost to empty one? I've been quoted 90 quid - seems a bit steep to me!

Reply to
jamma-plusser

Is that all? Your water company must have been charging less to dispose of it.

Reply to
jamma-plusser

Very cheap. The company has to pay a large fee to pump it into the swer.

Peter Crosland

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk

Reply to
Peter Crosland

eems about right to me.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

A local farmer here charges slightly less than the local septic tank professional, who charges just under £100. However the farmer disposes of his by pumping onto his fields, the professional gives you a certificate of correct disposal. I pay the bit extra.

Reply to
Broadback

Depends how big it is - how many tanker loads it takes to empty it. £90 for 1 load is about right IMO.

Adam

jamma-plusser wrote:

Reply to
Adam Lipscombe

Remember that's a very rural area where lots of farmers do it as a sideline - and farmers desperate for any income stream.

(and the Environment Agency caught one who'd been pumping out onto his own land)

Reply to
dom

Not with wheat at £170 a ton they aren't.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You should watch The Poo Doctors Video, you may decide never to pump your tank again....?

If you havn't seen it yet, do yourself a favor..

Reply to
swtesimon