Sentinel X400 System Restorer - or poweflush

That time of year again that the heating will soon be cutting in.

Trying to get ahead of the curve it's been 4 years since I last put inhibitor in, so maybe it's time for a drain and refill.

Usually I recall people suggesting a "powerflush" before draining and putting inhibitor in. However when I went to look at ordering some, Amazon said that "People who bought ..." and suggested this "System Restorer" from Sentinel. A cursory glance at the spec doesn't seem to answer whether it's merely a rebadged powerfulsh or something new. But lots of good reviews ?

Anyone here any suggestions ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Why? Does your CH need a powerflush? If not, it's a waste of time, money and effort.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

I vaguely recall the action of replacing the inhibitor can cause stirring up of muck that a flush will help get rid of.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Close off both valves on your chosen radiator.

Slacken one of the bottom connections and rain the radiator (into a bowl or two, once you've drained a bit more than the volume of inhibitor you've got to put in, that's enough).

You will see whether there's a load of sludge. Unless there's a big problem somewhere it will be more "discoloured water" than sludge.

Do up the connection you drained the rad from.

Remove one of the blanking plugs at the top of the radiator.

Put the inhibitor into the radiator.

Replace the blanking plug.

Open the valves on the radiator to let water back in.

Bleed the radiator.

Check to see whether other radiators need bleeding.

Job done.

Reply to
Chris Bacon