Self employed builder/drainage LS25 ?

Oh dear.

Reply to
Jim K..

Next door neighbour is in urgent need of a ground floor kitchen sink and 1st floor shower waste to be diverted from a rain water gully, to a grey water gully at the other side of a patio door. It was illegally cross connected. Does anyone know anyone who could tackle to job please, in LS25?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

checkatrade

(other resellers exists)

tim

Reply to
tim...

tim... was thinking very hard :

I would not trust anyone recommended by such a site.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

they aren't recommended by the site

they are recommended by their previous clients

what other method is there?

your chances of finding a a recommendation via here is very small is it not?

Reply to
tim...

Jim GM4DHJ ... formulated on Tuesday :

It has a trapped gulley, but no it is not combined. We have a two pipe system, one (foul) goes off for treatment, the rain water one just goes into a stream, then the river untreated.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Jim GM4DHJ ... laid this down on his screen :

They all are here.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Er, some confusion somewhere...

There are two large diameter (9"?) pipes which run through all of the back gardens of the street. One carries away foul, the other rain water. We have a shared rain gully at the front, a shared rain gully at the back. Both have traps.

Then we have three foul water gullies, each with a trap.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Well you wouldn't a strange beaver to pop up in your shower would you ?.

Reply to
Andrew

Or recommended by friends and family. If no-one from checkatrade goes out to see the standard of the work then the reviews can become somewhat meaningless. These organisations get their money from the trade and not the customer!

Reply to
alan_m

I think we all know that

but, really, what is the alternative?

Few people are going to have friends and relatives who have enough history with trades-people to provide recommendations

It's easy to say, but much harder to achieve in practice

tim

Reply to
tim...