Second hand I-beams; swing them in or eBay?

I now have two I-beams recovered from the small extension and replaced by serious steel across the whole back of the house.

My options seem to be to swing them in for scrap or sell them to someone who needs I-beams.

Anyone been down this route before?

Logic suggests that selling them on may be better than scrapping them, but I would need to find someone who needed just that specification.

e-Bay or the scrappie?

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Try the former, and if there is no interest, the latter.

Reply to
John Rumm

ebay, and if no one buys them, let the gypo's have them - they're not worth the fuel to take them to the scrappy, 17p a kilo I got not long back

Reply to
Phil L

What section are they, and how long? Certain sizes seem to be preferred by BCOs. When I was having some work done on my house, the BCO was quite happy to accept a certain size over the particular span[1] without any calculations. If I'd wanted to use anything smaller, he'd have insisted on calculations.

[1] It was either 7 x 4 or 6 x 4 (can't remember which) over a span of about 9' (all imperial measurements!) - and it was only holding up a bedroom floor.
Reply to
Roger Mills