Sealing Plasterboard Prior to Tiling

To get my bath to fit, I have channelled into the plasterboard itself on one wall. I am concerned about ingress of water in the event of a leak and total destruction of the plaster board. How should this be sealed before tiling?

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

The chanelling shouldn't make any difference. Plasterboard has no water resistance and can't be sealed in any meaningful sense of the word. You have to rely on the tiling for that.

Reply to
stuart noble