Screwfix Turbo Ultra - discontinued? (But not in Germany)

I have just noticed that Screwfix seem to have discontinued their "Turbo Ultra* range of stainless steel screws and they really don't seem to have anything to replace them.

I know they're not perfect (they are a bit easy to break and/or chew the head) but I've not found anything better for general purpose outdoor use. The Spax range (offered by both Screwfix and Toolstation) are just silly prices - e.g. 20p per screw for 4x40!!

Screwfix Germany still have Turbo Ultra, I've not looked at any other sites.

Does anyone have any idea why they're discontinued and/or an alternative?

Reply to
Chris Green

As long ago as 1970, I wanted some 5" screws. They were 15/- each - standard mild steel.

Reply to
charles