Screwfix laser levels - any good?

wrote:

Of course laser levels are no more accurate than a level + long straight edge since it all comes down to the bubble. Best long distance level is a water tube. I made one from a old bit of hose with some clear plastic tubes I had (eprom carriers to be precise). You need a good seal and to make sure there is no air trapped as you fill it (i.e. raise both ends so it is a smooth curve down and back up. With that I can get say a 10m wall level +/- 1mm.
--

Malcolm

Malcolm Reeves BSc CEng MIEE MIRSE, Full Circuit Ltd, Chippenham, UK
... snipped

... snipped

Thanks Malcolm, I'd forgotten about water levels, 'could be what I need.
Dave S