Screw for number plate

Hi,
I have just bought a new bumper, had it sprayed and am now ready to put my number plate on it. It doesn't have any holes where the number plate goes so I guess I need to drill some ? or push the screw in then screw it in ?
Just wondering what kind of screws I need ?
The screws on there now are fairly rusty and I guess it would do no harm in buying some new ones.
Thanks (not a troll, just never screwed a number plate on)
On 27/08/2007 20:20, James wrote:

I think it's normal to use strong double sided tape nowadays, the bolt heads are purely used to help make the number plate look vaguely like somebody's name.
On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 19:28:58 UTC, Andy Burns

The police have had a campaign round here to use security screws. Apparently large numbers of number plates have been nicked in Sittingbourne recently. Worth a thought.

Interetsing what kind of security screws might they be ?

They are useing standard clutch heads. The thinking is to get the plate off you will have to break the plate. Any broken plate will get more interest from the Plod...

http://www.tapes-direct.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath 8&srcwords&gclid=CMbZufLOlo4CFQUoZAodl2DyGA
or number plate bolts
http://www.classic-car-accessories.co.uk/acatalog/index.html
Myself I usually use a couple of stainless steel self tappers about 4mm dia by 25mm long after having drilled clearance holes in the plate and pilot holes in the bumper
Really depends on hoe easy it is to get at the back of the holes
Tony

And if you use screws and want hide the heads you can get plastic things that you put the screws through and snap a lid shut so it hides the screw heads