Scotchgard and carpets

My carpets have been protected by Scotchgard from new. I have had to clean a small area and the protection has worn off, this has made a small patch of carpet susceptible, and it nows seems to get 'dirty' very quickly. I can clean it, but after a couple of months it looks dirty again (its a very light coloured carpet).

It seems like I need to spray on some more Scotchgard to renew the protection, but I can only find aerosol cans for sale on US websites. I can find the kind that you use with a carpet cleaner, but I don't think that would be suitable, I just want an aersol version to spray on the small spot that needs it. I don't want to clean and reprotect the whole carpet.

Has anyone any idea where I can find such a thing for sale in the UK? I've been looking for months now, but not been able to locate it. Or any any solution that may suitable

Thanks

Ezhik

Reply to
Ezhik

Hi,

Suede protector will do it, test it on an inconspicious area first though.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Hi,

Thanks for that suggestion. I have a can already so I'll try it on an offcut first.

Thanks!

Ezhik

Reply to
Ezhik