Scary lectrics

That'll be this one...

> Andy

excellant, thank you.

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Yeah, but it is only that weedy little USA 110 volts...

Reply to
Mike Harrison

In message snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com From: Mike Harrison ( snipped-for-privacy@whitewing.co.uk) Subject: Re: Scary lectrics

If youre in a pool it doesnt make any difference, 110, 240 or 3000 volts, death is death either way.

In fact 110v kills a lot more people than 240v, probably because people treat 240 with a lot more respect.

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Just a query, I notice a lot of your postings do not follow the threads, any particular reason why you post out of sequence ?

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 10:45:42 +0000, Dave Stanton strung together this:

Google groups strips all the References: from all posts nowadays, for some reason.

Reply to
Lurch

Thanks Lurch, you learn something everyday.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

threads,

Google newsgroups gets worse each time they update it... if it could post in sequence I'd do it.

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Why not simply use a proper newsreader and server rather than this broken web-based thing?

It's useful as a search engine, but as a means of regular reading and posting, it's hopeless.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Usenet was around years before the web and works !, as Andy says use a proper reader and use something like individual.net like I do. Save you a lot of hassle.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

..... and everybody else.

The problem is that once one of these orphan threads starts, messages from other posters on it attach using the correct header information and newsreaders will follow that, so even killfiling Google posters doesn't work, even if one wanted to in the first place.

This then results in two current threads running in parallel and general confusion.

Almost as annoying as top posting......

Reply to
Andy Hall

So true Andy. The trouble is the thing works, but there are people out there who think they can do things better, usually never works and causes lots of stress for everyone.

Cheers

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton