satin finish on Stainless steel radiator...

ah, questions, questions ... I've taken delivery of a stainless steel towel radiator for our forthcoming Bathroom refit. It's actually from TLC, and is advertised as being 'Brush polish stainless steel'.

For some reason I was expecting this to have a 'satin' finish, which would match the rest of the fittings I've chosen (I suspect I read the above as 'Brushed finish'). However it actually has a polished finish

- not quite as bright as chrome, but not far off.

Any suggestions as to what I could do to tone down the finish to roughly match the satin finish of the other metalwork? I was thinking of either shot blasting it, or getting some wire wool on the thing ... would either of these work?

Cheers Jon N

Reply to
Jon Nicoll

Wire wool would be too coarse I would think - Try a fine grade scotchbrite pad

Make sure you test it on an inconspicuous area first.

Random