Sanding fiddly bits?

I have some seat slats with tatty varnish that's coming off in places but is stuck fast in others. I want to take the whole lot off so I can start again with a marine coating system that starts by soaking into bare wood. I've made good progress tonight on the top sides of the slats using a sandpaper flap wheel in a drill.

The problem will come when I have to get in between the slats and in the fiddly corners. The flap wheel won't fit here; the distance between the slats varies but goes down to 3/4" or so in places. The whole lot is glued and screwed together and fits precisely into its place, so I don't want to try to take it apart.

Is there a cunning tool that will work like a flap wheel but fit into gaps and corners?

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete Verdon

Fein Multimaster with the sanding profile kit.

Reply to
AlanD

"Pete Verdon" wrote in message news:i980rq$k6l$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org...

Assuming you can get to both sides of the slats, can't you just feed strips of sandpaper through and use a "sawing" motion from each side?

Reply to
newshound