sandable caulk?

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Andy Burns saying something like:

I fort I sawr a puddycart.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I halve a spilling chequer

Reply to
Jim K

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "The Medway Handyman" saying something like:

Frankly, that sounds like c*ck.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

no, sock sounds like c*ck

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That's what I had thought but the old thread said it was wonderful, which surprised me because sometimes one product that tries to do two things is not as good as two products each doing different things. I've bought a tube but don't have anything to use it on yet! Time will tell.

Reply to
Fred

replying to John Rumm, Paintguy wrote: Agreed .... "alk" as in "walk". What is so mysterious and diificult about that? So we have "kalk".

My suggestion is to contact the applications engineering departments of maybe five or so caulking manufacturers and ask them. Do I have the time for that? No, so I'll stick to "kalk".

Reply to
Paintguy

its 'cork'

as in 'walk'

and 'talk;

and 'baulk'

and 'chalk'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The OP posted this in 2010.

Do you have anything constructive to say?

If you want to discuss the English language try alt.uk.english

Reply to
Fredxxx