Sand Bags

Having just used up a ton of sand, I now have an empty one-trip poly bag.

It seems I have two options. Roll it up and put into dustbin. Or find an alternative use for it.

Any suggestions? It seems such a waste to chuck it.

Reply to
Rod

Rod wrote in

They fit quite nicely in the car boot for chucking stuff in for the tip.

If you use one as a receptacle whilst trimming hedges and so on, it's possible to squeeze even a fairly full one into the boot by pushing the bottom in first and then forcing the rest through the gap - then it just pulls out by the handles at the tip.

Reply to
PeterMcC

Ive got around 50. Elfin safety means they are no longer reusable.

useful rubbish bags tho.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I use them for just that and we used to deliver logs in them. They don't last too long if you drag them around so I always scrounge them from people having deliveries of sand.

Beware they lose a lot of strength after a few months in the sun.

AJH

Reply to
AJH

Try offering it on your local Freecycle:

Bruce

insidious

Having been doing some major construction recently I have a lot of them. I use them to store 'overs' from bulk deliveries of ballast, sand, pea beach. I use them to store (and shift arround) logs. Then tatty ones get used to gather rubbish before being plonked into the skip (*). I even have one that is used to store about twenty other ones!!!

(* rubbish in bulk bags packs doen VERY nicely if gently leant upon by the back actor of a JCB 3CX )

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Keep it for taking garden refuse, particularly tree prunings to the tip.

Liner for car boot when doing building jobs.

Dust sheet.

And many more.

Reply to
<me9

Why don't you offer The Natural Philosopher and Andrew Mawson a few bob for the surplus ones they have?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

A kite?

Reply to
stuart noble

Got loads of kites. Possibly the most commonly seen bird round here. Or did you mean for camera mounting? :-)

Thanks for all the suggestions - I might very well use some of them. But I am glad I don't have 50 to manage!

Reply to
Rod

Use them as dust sheets to cover the doorways and windows when you buy an Aldi Wall Chaser. :-)

Reply to
George

I can probably find one or two if you want to collect ( 7M north of Hastings in East Sussex)

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

... only too true ! I recently filled two with pea beach by hand shovelling only to have the bottom fall out of one as it dangled in transit from the JCB front bucket, and stupidly managed to tear the bottom out of the second by not lifting it high enough over some spare rear buckets the were in the way - not a good day !!!!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

You should have said a couple of weeks ago, I was trying to map Amsterdam but the tide didn't go out far enough ;-)

AJH

Reply to
AJH

uh?