Sale of Incandescent Bulbs to End on Tuesday?

So has all other aspects of interior design, but I have no doubt that most of the furniture in your living room, including the light fittings look quite different to a room of 130 years ago.

Reply to
Cynic

Yup - but LEDs have now overtaken them in efficiency, and have the advantage of being white light.

I design & manufacture for commercial floodlighting and streetlighting.

Reply to
Cynic

I wonder how many complaints have gone into the ASA about misleading claims on these things?

Reply to
John Rumm

I don't recall seeing any white light emitting diodes.

You come over as a cross between Peter Stuyvessant, James Bond ...

and Torchy the Battery Boy.

Derek

Reply to
Derek Geldard

Yes, I quite agree, we had two dimmers in our large house, both have failed and neither has been replaced - we really don't find the need.

Reply to
tinnews

Strangely enough some of us are happily married and anyway dim lighting isn't the only way there. :-)

Reply to
tinnews

,

A huge difference to *what*?

Our house has small windows, *all* the light is from a relatively low angle, you don't need artificial light to do that for you. We also have wood burning fires, if we want really low level 'romantic' lighting then firelight does it for us.

The only place where we have a lot of different lights which get used according to need is the kitchen where we have four separately switched sets of lights.

Reply to
tinnews

And a face lift.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I am working on that again

min and 13 seconds in

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

CFLs show two wattages; the consumption and the claimed 'equivalent'. It is the latter figure that misleads.

Manufacturers are talking rubbish; it's the'equivalent' figure that needs fixing, and that's entirely up to them.

Reply to
Bob Eager

What you mean is that you haven't used any modern LEDs

Almost all torches are now LED and getting better and cheaper all the time

Steve Terry

Reply to
Steve Terry

Rohypnol.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

And me, what is?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

What a dull thread. Which is ironic, considering the topic. Or not.

Still, you're all getting plenty of wattage out of it.

Reply to
Jaf

His personal record?

Reply to
Norman Wells

Dull as a decades old lava lamp.

Reply to
John Burke

A relevant lyric, if one listens...

Reply to
John Rumm

Is it? I'm too distracted by that point.

Reply to
Fevric J. Glandules

Where do all the suitcases in the boot then go? You'd need a car to carry them.

Reply to
PeterC