Safe to drink hot water from combi?

Is it, in terms of physical health, safe to drink (kettle use and cooking for example) hot water from a combi boiler?

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth

In message , Gareth writes

Hot water from a combi is just the mains water having gone through a heat exchanger

If it doesn't have a leak, then yes

Reply to
geoff

Why not? It's mains water.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 22:43:17 -0000, "Gareth" had this to say:

If the temperature is suitable, why not?

Many (?) years ago it was considered a bit risky to drink water via a traditional heating system, but this was often derived through an open cold water system in the loft which could be exposed to organic or inorganic contamination.

I suppose that if some warmed water was left in the system for several days there could be a potential risk, but in Real Life this doesn't happen. One assumes that you wash at least your hands every so often :-)

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Sure I saw a gadget on a TV DIY show that provided boiling water on tap so you didn't have to put the kettle on to make the tea.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

don't see why not.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Probably this:

out the reviews. Greenies tend to love it. People who want hot water without mess don't.

Reply to
Piers Finlayson

I regularly do from a Multipoint -- it's used to fill the kettle, etc, particularly if it's already been run hot.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

You probably have seen one. I have just lfft a power supply for a kithcen fitter to plug one in (after he has plumbed it in). It basically is a extra tap on the kitchen sink.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth