Romanian bathroom electrics

We've just been staying with the inlaws in Romania and I thougth the electrical system in the bathroom would interest people on UK DIY.

In the wall near to the bath is a mains socket into which is normally plugged a 1950s type free-standing all metal two bar electric radiator fire. This stands directly on the tiled floor next to the bath. There is no RCD in the circuit, indeed there seemed to be some doubt whether there was even a fuse.

I think I was considered rather fussy for wanting the fire not only switched off but also unplugged when I was using the bath.

Robert

Reply to
RobertL

Did you notice how gas installations are often done?

Service pipe comes out of ground at front boundary, goes across front garden at about 2m above the ground unsupported. Meter is hanging in mid air.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Although AIUI all installation pipework has to be in screwed steel, rather than soft-soldered copper as here.

Reply to
John Stumbles

It is, but when the horizontal length is about 6m, and the meter is dangling about half way along this over the front lawn with a noticable sag....

Reply to
Andy Hall

yes that does seem to be the case, screwed steel for gas. they do suffer earthquakes quite a lot and maybe this is to reduce the danger of pipe fractures.

RobertL