rewiring house

Just to drag things back... has a consensus been reached on data provision during a rewire?
Currently done with two Devolo ring main transmitter receivers. The proposed house alteration has no near neighbours but I have no idea if the existing plasterboard has a foil surface. Chalet bungalow so easy access along eaves.
--
Tim Lamb

On 08/03/16 16:36, Tim Lamb wrote:

It is unlikely the PB is foiled - at least not all of it; maybe just a location where a vapour barrier was required.

Fuck all have any microphone cables running in ducting in their house.

The answer is use digital and you can do what you like.

Thanks for proving yet again you know nothing.
Try Googling how far you can run an HDMI or USB signal. In terms of going along inside skirting boards, etc.
It's so short the problem would never arise.
So get back under your bridge.
--
*Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.*

We'll see...

Don’t need to, I know that CAT5 and 6 do a hell of a lot better in that situation and that only a fool like you would do HDMI or USB in that situation.

Do you actually know what HDMI is? USB?
--
*The severity of the itch is proportional to the reach *

Corse I do and even a terminal fuckwit such as yourself should be able to use groups.google and see that.
That stuff doesn't get run in skirting board ducting, fuckwit.

But the post I replied to made a point about running AV signals inside the skirting. Thanks for confirming once again you never read or understand before replying to anything.
Of course you can use Cat5 for AV. But that requires expertise way beyond your understanding. Obviously. Now Google about it and make like you knew all along...
--
*Until I was thirteen, I thought my name was SHUT UP .

And didn’t even mention HDMI or USB in there, fuckwit.

And only a fool like you would use HDMI or USB in that situation.

You'd be hard pressed to find anything new with analogue video in the UK. Of course in your backward country they can only dream of colour.
--
*You! Off my planet!

No one said anything about NEW, fuckwit.

Subject: Re: rewiring house Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2016 02:10 Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Definitely. The stupid rules on socket heights should also be scrapped and then we can have skirting with integral busbars and ducts to allow us to fit or remove power, data and AV sockets whenever we want at any time. Lighting should also have wireless switches, making it easy to add or move them at will.
Read it carefully, cretin.
If you go to that night school, you might learn about tense.
--
*I don't feel old. I don't feel anything until noon. Then it's time for my nap.

Doesn’t say anything about new, fuckwit.

Forgot you could only understand 3 letter words. So tell me where it says old.

--
*I finally got my head together, now my body is falling apart.

You never could bullshit and lie your way out of a wet paper bag.
No surprise you needed a union to even wipe your arse.

Yeah, that's what I'd love to have now. Wasn’t available when I designed and built the house in the very early 70s.
But I don’t have any skirtings at all. Single monolithic slab for the entire single level floor, quarry tiled everywhere. Block walls with no skirtings at all.
Most of the time the power and data and TV cables come down the holes in the block walls with the plate screwed to a hole in the block one level up from the floor. In some places where there is a series of 8'x8' patio doors along the whole of the N side of the house, I have 4"x4" RHS verticals between adjacent doors and the mains and light wiring is in those treated as gigantic conduit with the power points and light switches screwed to a hole in the RHS.

That hasn’t been true for a long time now with digital data.

The latest Aldi LED bulbs in incandescent bulb format on offer here have movement sensors. And you can set the color temp using a switching pattern too.

Doesn’t matter with coin cells.

Nothing like a nightmare if they signal when they need changing and you just change the lot when the first on does and they then last for years.

Then you never had a dial up telephone connection run close to mains wiring with a light dimmer.
Digital is of course more robust. But nothing is bomb proof.
--
*If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees

You're wrong about that too, it worked fine here.

And doesn't care about running mains and data close and parallel as can be seen with virtually all modern commercial cable ducting.

Digital data certainly is mains interference proof even when you have run mains and data close and parallel.

Not even bomb shelters:-)?
--
Adam

On 07/03/2016 19:10, ARW wrote:

The usual "bomb shelter" (Anderson) was only shrapnel proof. Drop a 250Kg on the roof and it would go straight through. Then explode.
Andy