Replacing Indirect Hot Cylinder in a Semi-Gravity System

Thanks to everyone for the comments and suggestions.

A large combi *sounds* like a good idea, but my own experience with them warns me away from them.

Thanks, BraileTrail

Reply to
BraileTrail

A small instant DHW electric heater can be installed as a "backup", give 5 litres/min. It can have a heavier cable if required. People will go for it. Pay attention.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

G'wan, make it 3 just to be on the safe side. Sod's law says the backup will be bust when you need it.

Reply to
John Stumbles

I would assume you would have to.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

That is like say I bought a cheap crap car and it was bad so all cars are bad. Buy quality.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You can go on and on. Do some calculation on pounds and a second small cheapo backup combi is very cheap to do. It gives FULL backup. Never thought of it did you?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

This one is learning.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Nice one:-)

The Saunier Duval engineer whose house I did some work in did indeed have two boilers in the loft. One was for backup.

The back up was a Baxi.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth