Replacing consumer unit

I am about to replace an old consumer unit (fuse wire) with a modern one. I have no worries but all other systems I have seen have the electric supply coming into the house with a single sealed electricity board fuse box.

This one however has that but then the output goes into another 2 electric board sealed fuse boxes. Am I right in assuming that one is live and the other is neutral? Each feeds into the old distribution box. It is an underground supply, and earth is connected to the sheath of the incoming cable.

TIA

Reply to
Broadback

Take a few pictures and load them up to some free webspace somewhere. We could guess what the boxes are, but it would be better to see them before we cause you to get electrocuted!

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle