Replacing CH pipework.

Hi All,

I am getting my CH system replaced soon. The boiler is old (15 years+) and the rads even older. Due to the presense of a Primatic cylinder no inhibiter is used. At least one of the rads is very sludged up (cold at bottom). My question is: How likely will the pipework need replacing? It's approx 15mm (not microbore). The water is not very hard.

TIA. W

If the pipework is copper, it will probably be ok. I assume you're getting rid of the primatic cylinder?

The chances are that your new system will be unvented (pressurised). Don't be surprised if your radiators spring lots of little leaks - there is likely to be lots of internal corrosion. You should plan on replacing them all.

Reply to
Set Square

Yes, definitely :-)

At present I want to get a Heat bank (subject to mains pressure/flow rate) and I am intending to replace the rads anyway.

Cheers, W.