Replacement central heating programmer

Our old Landis & Gyr programmer is audibly creaking and, as I'm ordering from Screwfix, I might as well replace it.

They have a Horstmann C27 (code 11225) at £26.49 and a Danfoss FP715 (63760) at £35.99.

Anyone got any views on which might be better? It would be used in conjunction with a motorised valve on the DHW and an Eberle programmable room thermostat which were installed some time ago.

TIA

Assuming you have a modern Part L insulated cylinder, replace it with this:

1.65, it is much cheaper than the Danfoss.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

It certainly is! I assume it's an invitation to turn the dhw on and leave it on?

We do, though, enjoy the mild warming before we get up on a morning when the bedroom radiators are gravity fed as the dhw is heated...

All I can say is that I can whole-heartedly recommend the Horstmann. Easy to program, some very useful features, including a holiday mode and a 1 or 2 hour boost button for those times when you need the heating/hotwater topping up.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Summers

Have you considered a Danfoss TP9. This is particularly suitable if you do not have a fully pumped system.

Have you looked at the Honeywell CM67 programmable thermostats?

Reply to
Michael Chare

Thanks for the interest. I went with the Horstmann as I need my order delivered tomorrow.

Already got an Eberle fitted so that's covered.