Repairing minor dings in aluminium

Is there any way to successfully repair minor dings (about 2mm) in an aluminium feather edge? Someone propped it against a wall when my back was turned and gravity did the rest.

I was thinking of trying some car body filler. Would that work? Is there a better way?

Reply to
mike

If by dings you mean scratches and gouges, you will have to fill them. It can be hard to remove dents in aluminium due to the propensity of the metal to stretch - and a repair often leaves a rippled finish.

Epoxy resin should be fine.

Regards,

Reply to
Stephen Howard

What is it that has a feathered edge?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

It's a feather edge that has a feathered edge:

?_dyn=charset=3DUTF-8&fh_search=3Dfeather+edge&searchbutton.x=3D0&searchbutton.y==3D0&searchbutton=3Dsubmit

Reply to
mike

Yeah, I meant small gouges. Thanks for the info re: resin.

Reply to
mike

?_dyncharset=UTF-8&fh_search=feather+edge&searchbutton.x=0&searchbutton.y=0&searchbutton=submitThanks, but what I had in mind would not work with that.

Dave

Reply to
Dave