repairing haadset cable

I've just resurected my HD414's and bought some new foam pads. Just need someting that can drive 'em properly, phone or tablet just hasn't the omph required for Hi-Z headphones.

They do have nice round gold plated asymetrical bi-pin connectors. More recent Sennheiser head phones have flat pin tinned(?) connectors that are none too reliable.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I still have the HD 414s I was issued with at the BBC in the '70s. They didn't ask for them back when I left. ;-)

Useful thing with them being high impedance is they can be used on a normal power amp output in place of speakers. With care, obviously.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)