repairing cement roof verges

just found several lumps of cement (about 4x2x2 inch) which have fallen out of the verges of my tiled roof.... leaving an 18inch long gap... upon closer inspection I see there are a few cracks in the mortar generally along the verge... what the easiest way to repair ... I though of re-mortaring where there are gaps and then hoped to paint something over the rest to hold it in place (like on of those elastic rubber roof paints)....

Would this be anygood? I don't much fancy raking out the whole of the verges and remortaring? Is there a better/simpler diy method? I though of those plastic caps... a neighbour had them done... but it seemed to involve a lot of work with the builders taking off tiles, cutting tiles etc.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

These mortar fillets always seem to give trouble - probably because the roof timbers move. My artificial slate roof has 'special' ridge 'tiles' that don't involve mortar. However, other artificial tile roofs in the street use ceramic ridge tiles with mortar - and all seem to have this happen.

I'd be inclined to try a mastic.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)