Repairing a window sill

I've got a concrete? window sill that needs painting. The paint is flaking and there is a small crack. What would be best to fill the crack and what paint should be used. I would imagine that a normal exterior paint would still show the rough surface, so is there a paint that can be applied very thickly that would produce a smooth surface.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I successfully filled some bad cracks on my window sill, and also the bay's concrete roof, with a thin slurry of PVA and cement. The proportions are given on the PVA tin. It's worked wonderfully, even the section of sill that could be jiggled about is solid as a rock after 2 or 3 years.

I too have tried in vain to find a thick paint. When I moved in there was indeed such a surface (or maybe just 120 years of paint!). A disadvantage was that it was impossible to scrape off what hadn't lifted by itself so I ended up with a stepped surface.

Chris

Reply to
chris_doran