Repair of gas oven

Hi has anyone got any idea what is wrong and how to how to repair a gas oven, which lights up as normal, but then wont 'fire up' to get to the correct temperature? it appears that something like a temperature sensor/regulator mechanism isnt working. We run on bottled gas, and have an old, but serviceable (apart from the oven) New World DEBUT-L freestanding cooker, purchased in approx 1988. We dont want to have to throw it away!! Help on solutions and places for spare parts would be greatly appreciated! :) Mara (Cambridge UK)

If it is the oven not increasing in flame size sounds like a flame failure device,recently got one for my cooker (different brand) from http://www.gas-spares.co.uk/ there is a pdf catalogue you can download. Give them a ring after locating your part. You should get a CORGI to install.
Mike