Repainting a conservatory roof

Hi - some advice would be welcome. My hardwood conservatory is due to be repainted externally. It has a pitched roof and I'm not clear just how to go about painting the roof timbers between the sheets of PVC glass. Can I assume that the roof will bear my weight if I lay a board on it to lie on, or is scaffolding essential?

Reply to
Derek Hogg

Have a look at the "rafters". If they're about 150mm+ thick, then they will support your weight. If they're about 50mm thick, then they won't. I don't know what the official solution is if you don't have good beams. Personally, my home grown solution would probably involve much thought, a thick sheet of plywood and an acro-prop or two, positioned under the rafters.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle