Rendering over damproof course

There is a brick wall I want rendering. I can see the damp proof course. Is it permitted to render over the outside of the wall, above and below the DPC?

TIA

Reply to
timegoesby

Of course it is. Don't render over the DPC, though.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Normally you would render to just above the DPC and use a drip bead to shed water away from the wall below.

You would not normally render below the DPC, but there is no reason not to as long as its not bridged by render..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher