Removing mould from wooden skirting boards

Condensation has been forming on the wall behind the microwave, and running down onto the wooden skirting which now has green/black mould on it.

The microwave has now been moved to a ventilated room, so we shouldn't get more problems, but any ideas how to remove the mould from the wooden skirting?

It's pine, about 18 months old, which had been coated with water-based stain, then with Danish Oil. So far I've tried (with varying success...) Bleach fungicidal wash (Screwfix) caustic soda hydrochloric acid (brick acid) nitromors paint stripper (but not all at the same time on the same bit of wood!)

Any more suggestions? Thanks! Martin

Reply to
our_cottage

You've probably already spent more on cleaning it than it would to replace it.

Reply to
Phil L

Go to your local supermarket and buy a spray of mould and mildew remover. Spray once and see it disappear before your eyes.

That's what I use in our bathroom that is very suspect to this problem. By the time I have hit the last bit of black mould, the first bit has vanished. It's that quick.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Well, I must say I thought this was totally unlikely, after all the stuff I'd tried. But guess what? Detol's "mould & mildrew" spray (bought from Wilkinson's) has almost done the trick! Hopefully a 2nd session will remove the rest.

Thanks Dave!

Reply to
our_cottage