Removed a radiator. Can I still use the central heating?

The subject contains my question! Removed a radiator as I've just got

room plastered. I'm going to replace the radiator once I've painted th room. The lockshield valve and a Drayton RT212 TRV valve are still i place.

Is it safe to use the heating while the radiator is missing

-- Dysanovic

Reply to
Dysanovic

Yes, assuming you have other radiators!

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

Yes, provided you drained *only* the radiator and not the pipework, prior to removing it.

How did you go about draining it?

Be careful with the TRV - it may open and pee water out into the room if the weather gets cold, even when turned to its minimum setting. Ideally, you should remove the thermostatic head *before* draining the rad, and replace it with a screw-cap which should have been supplied with the valve for this very purpose. That will hold the pin firmly down whatever the temperature. Alternatively, find something which will screw onto the outlet (i.e. with the same thread as the radiator tail union) in order to seal it.

Reply to
Roger Mills

if it ain't leaking, yes.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Also, some designs feature a genuine "off", where you twist another quarter turn after passing the "0" frost setting.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

IF the valve doesn't have an 'OFF' position, place a penny under the thermostatic head and over the pin- then the * = Frost setting will positively close off the valve.

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

I used central heating with a radiator removed. It worked fine for abou

4-5 hours but now my Baxi Solo2 50PF boiler has st> In an earlier contribution to this discussion,

-- Dysanovic

Reply to
Dysanovic