Help with central heating problem please

My daughters fellow has had problems getting tradesmen to re-vamp his bathroom. I volunteered to do the plumbing. Ages ago I removed the radiator and other bits to allow the room to be re-plastered and tiled. At long last it is finished, so this morning I went to refit the radiator. All went well until I came to turn the rad valves back on, they were jammed solid, I assume that the grunge in the system had dried and hardened. After a struggle I managed to free one valve but the other would not move. I tried heating and tapping to no avail. Decided perhaps if we fired up the central heating and bled hot water through through the rad it might free up. The central heating does not work, hot water and boiler seems fine, I suspect the motorised valve, considering BG (he has a contract)serviced the system 2 weeks ago, and it had not been used since, he says the "plumber" only had the system fired up for 3 to 5 Minutes tops, not a very good service me thinks. The lad decided as a stronger (much) person he would have a go, at turning the valve, the spindle broke of. No problem I thought I will drain the system and replace the valve. First there is no drain built in, secondly I was unable to find any valve that turned of the supply to the central heating. Apart from tying up the ball valve in the header tank and draining from a down stairs rad, with the resulting rubbish in the header tank getting into the system any suggestions? He will of course get BG back to sort the central heating system.

Reply to
Broadback

if the valves are still knackered, get 2 new ones, they are only a few quid...also take the rad back off and rinse it through with a hosepipe, it might be sludged up

Reply to
Phil L

INNOVATIVE ANSWERS TO RISING HEATING COSTS

With all these problems about plumbers and British Gas etc, why not simply switch to the Electrowarm System. The company which operates from Launceston but with licensed agents in many parts of the UK offers energy-saving and money saving electric radiators with intelligent thermostatic control systems which are cheaper to run and are more efficient than night storage systems as well as cheaper than Gas central heating. Check their website at

Every day the media is full of the latest rise in energy costs and many people are worried as to how they can afford to keep warm this winter and all the other winters to come, where things will no doubt get worse rather than better. In the South West many people live in rural areas, have no mains gas and are therefore obliged to heat via Night Storage heaters, which are generally very inefficient and not able to be controlled, or are homeowners reliant on oil or liquid gas central heating. The recent rapid prices in crude oil have making themselves felt as homeowners fill up their oil and gas tanks for the winter and nearly have a heart attack when they compare the bill to last year.

However, there are innovative, affordable, controllable and economical answers available and one of these is provided by Electrowarm of 14 Southgate Chambers in Launceston, South East Cornwall. Electrowarm was founded by Joseph Taylor in SE Cornwall after several years in the building trade and contacts with friends in Germany discovered that certain thing that were already takebn for granted in the continent, like energy-saving heating technology, were not very prevalent in the UK, especially in the South West.

Instead of just complaining, Joseph Taylor set up Electrowarm to import and distribute directly from the manufacturer to end users a well established range of slim-line electrical storage radiators which not only look good, but which are very easy to install; are maintenance free, save between 40% - 50% of electricity comparison to Night Storage heaters and plug into normal 13 amp sockets to give Affordable, Controllable, Comfortable, Economical WARMTH! Hence the company slogan: "Plug in and Warm Up". The Electrowarm System was developed in Germany back in 1972 and has been extremely successful there and in other European countries ever since. The Made in Germany quality comes with a no quibbles 15 Year guarantee of quality. The heaters only require approx. 15 minutes of electricity to provide 60 minutes of heat thanks to the unique storage capabilities of the Chamotte fire clay heating and storage cells.

The many existing happy Electrowarm customers range from homeowners in exposed locations whose house has never been so warm, through Residential Homes where the vulnerable elderly residents are now enjoying a new level of cosiness and also include companies who have refurbished their offices. All are amazed at the speed and simplicity of installation, the easiness of control, the very effective thermostat and the wonderful radiant heat which the Electrowarm heating system gives out. No more cold draughty floors, no more dust swirling through the air from convector heaters, night storage heaters and open fires which end up warming the ceiling (where nobody sits) and where the dust is aggravating for allergy sufferers. Just clean, cosy, affordable, controllable and economical heat... MMMMMM

One Cornish Council (Carrick) even give grant support for the electrowarm system and other Councils and Housing Associations are checking out at the system for their housing requirements, both for existing properties as well as new build.

Prices? Package prices of sets of 3 or 5 heaters are very comparable with other central heating systems, if not cheaper. The more you buy the cheaper the individual heaters become. There is no trauma of installation upheaval, no building work and no costly maintenance once the system is installed. The Electrowarm system also provides no smells and no noises so is completely clean.

Electrowarm offer a completely free - no obligation - visit by one of their trained and professional consultants to give you a demonstration of the unique storage capacity of this heating system and they can carry out a survey of your home and your individual requirements - also free and without obligation - so as to calculate your particular heating requirements. Once they have worked out the heating requirements, the Electrowarm Consultant can then calculate what the running costs will be for you based on your own particular electricity tariff.

Want to know more about Electrowarm? See

or ring them on FREEPHONE 0800-111 6122 for further information. You will end up saving energy, saving money and helping the environment by using an efficient form of heating.

Reply to
awaar30

You almost made it not look like spam..but failed, worse still, you made, what may be a good product look like a pile of s**te by spamming, because the first thing people ask themselves when faced with claims of 50% savings is, 'why does this thing need to be advertised?'

Reply to
Phil L

It's the most expensive wall mounted peak rate electric heaters I've ever seen.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

That wouldn't happen to be because there are no gas supplies in the area by any chance ?

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Just which of the laws of physics has the inventer managed to defy in order to produce a 'money saving' house heating system which uses *on_peak* electricity?

Reply to
Roger Mills

You'll have to wait until Monday morning to phone their handy freephone number 0800-111 6122 and ask them all these questions!

Remember, if you phone from a phonebox it'll cost them more.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

The message from " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" contains these words:

You mean apart from them being spamming gits?

Perhaps googlemail would like to look into it.

Reply to
Guy King