reginox ceramic sink and screwfix single lever pull out tap - won't fit together

Hi,

I have bought a reginox ceramic sink (very nice - came in 3 days from sinksdirect) and a single lever tap with a pull out spout (like a shower fitment) from screwfix but I can't fit the tap. The problem is that the hole in the sink for the tap is perhaps 3-4 mm too small. The tap itself fits over the hole fine (and overlaps the hole by quite a bit) but the underside requires 3 flexible pipes attaching (one each for hot and cold and one for the pull out spout) then 2 screws either side to go up from the underside into the base of the tap over which you fit a semi circular plate with a rubber washer. If I prefit the water pipes and push them through the hole in the sink it is fine until I try and screw in the the two bolts which because of the size of the hole in the sink being too small they bend inwards and you cannot fit the underside plate over them.

I'd guess if I could file away around 3-4 mm for one of the bolts (about 5mm diameter) on the edge of the hole in the ceramic sink it would fit ok but how do you file a ceramic sink?

Any ideas would be appreciated. Don't just say return one of the items as my wife would not accept that as a solution.

Martin

-- Martin J. Evans Wetherby, UK

Reply to
Martin Evans