Red oil boiler dust - what is it

Have just cleaned my oil boiler and vauumed all the muck and "red dust" from the inside.

Disaster in that the vacuum cleaner bag burst spreading the red dust around the utility room.

Anyone know what it is - it has clung to the walls and ceiling and stains red if you wet it and any ideas how to remove/neutralise it.

Thanks

robert

royall at potto co uk

royall at which net

Reply to
look

Its the ash from burning the oil and often contains a bit of red dye if you have burnt any 35second gas oil. You will have the very devil of a job cleaning it up but try sugar soap. I'm intrigued as to how you got it on the ceiling mind:-)

Reply to
John

Why not put a new bag in the vauumcleaner and vauum the room!

Reply to
Paul King