Recycling

No, he's simply saying what his charge out rate is, nothing to do with the rate for the job, just the rate for his time.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

I presume that's what our council use, as 3 months ago they specifically changed the collections from green bin (garden waste) fortnightly, grey bin (general waste) weekly to green bin (garden waste and food waste) weekly, grey bin (general waste) fornightly. We also have black bin (plastic and glass) and blue bin (paper and card) that have remained at

4 weekly.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

I still strip things down for Useful Bits.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Our local bottle bank yesterday had three containers: Clear Glass; Green Glass; Mixed Glass (which had clearly been Brown Glass beforehand).

Reply to
Davey

Ours don't, either.

Wheely bin (provided) for all recycling. Bin bags (not provided) for non-recycling.

Reply to
Adrian

Couple of points:

Wakefield is 10 miles west of the A1M The A19 does not have a junction with the A1M

Maybe you mean the new three lane bits between the A1M/M62 junction and the A1M/A168 junction?

Reply to
The Other Mike

Sorry I was being bone idle. I was based at Wakefield at time this work was bring done and I mean Ferrybridge (A1M/M62) to J49 A1M (A168). I forgot its not the A19 until Thirsk. It just felt like one interminable road when I did my five times a week backwards and forwards between Stockton and Wakefield.

I did some of the telematics work for the junctions back then.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I've never lived anywhere that the LA supplies any sort of container for general waste. They supply one for recycling, but we have to supply our own bin bags. I choose to put mine out in a heavy duty plastic bin, to keep it from being torn open by scavengers, but it is not required.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Back when I was younger and living with my parents it was the norm for you to buy your own (normally galvanised steel) dustbin(s) - but then recycling hadn't been heard of (for domestic waste, anyway). I think in my first hou se I had to buy my bin bags, but ever since then it's been the norm for the council to provide. (You're still paying for it, of course, just not so di rectly). Currently I live in a road where half the houses have no front garden, and therefore the council have elected not to give us the wheelie bins that oth er roads have. They supply a limited number of bags each year, and in theor y at least will only collect waste if it's in one of their bags. I believe you used to be able to buy extra bags, but they're now saying that's not po ssible, just recycle more - doesn't worry me as I never use my full allocat ion anyway.

Reply to
docholliday93

The slag was produced by the now closed Pilkingtons Kirk Sandall glass works.

The internal walls of some of the houses in Kirk Sandall are also built out of the same slag.

Those walls are designed to destroy SDS drill bits:-)

Reply to
ARW